- No more than 2 pages if possible
- Always start with most recent job
- Most Important: “Skills & Qualifications”
- Recognition Approach
- So What Approach
Six Serious Resume Blunders
- Forgetting the employer
- Not using keywords
- Using an objective instead of a career summary
- Not proofreading
- Do not exaggerate your responsibilities
- Not keeping up appearance (i.e. dirty or folded resume)
- Market Assessment Consultation
The Recognition ApproachMake a list of times or events when you were recognized or acknowledged.
- Positive performance reviews
- Company Awards & Bonuses
- Honor for participating on a specific event at work or in your community
So What ApproachList, not just what you did, but why it matters and the results.
“I was responsible for producing monthly reports”. What Reports, why were they important, SEC reports, Q1, VP Reports? Meet deadlines? Were they Accurate? Etc…
Download a resume sample here.